Mothers are the light of every family. But, mostly they identify their existence as the mere care-takers of their family. They do not understand that it is also important to live for yourself and aspire to achieve your dreams. Many state grants have been organized for this purpose of providing necessary financial support to the mothers. For this reason, the second largest state of the U.S, Texas, has arranged various Texas scholarships for mothers.
The state of Texas has structured various scholarships based on merit and talent. An important scholarship amongst this is the Robert C. Byrd Scholarship which is awarded to those students who are amongst the top 10% scorers in their high school class and the award for the same is $1500. A brief description on the other scholarships available in the state of Texas for mothers has been mentioned below.
1. Career Colleges and Schools of Texas Scholarship Program – This is a huge scholarship program available to 6000 freshmen undergraduates studying at any technical college in Texas and the scholarship amount is $1000.
2. Edward S. Roth Manufacturing Engineering Scholarship – This is exclusive for undergraduate students studying engineering at any of the select Texas state colleges and the grant is for $2500.
3. Emerging Texas Artist Scholarship – This scholarship is available to students studying arts. 8-15 undergraduates and graduates are entitled for this scholarship of $500 to $2500, studying at a Texas college.
4. J. A. Knowles Memorial Scholarship – This scholarship is only for the Methodist graduates and undergraduates and every year 70-80 students are entitled for this award of $800 to $1200.
5. Mary E. Bivins Foundation – Every year 50-75 Christian undergraduates or graduates are offered this scholarship amount of $1000 to $2000 who are studying at a Texas college.
6. Outstanding Rural Scholar Program – The scholarship amount for this program is not specified, however, the scholarship goes out to an undergraduate majoring in health field and studying at a Texas college.
7. Ozarka Natural Spring Water Statewide Scholarships – This scholarship of $10,000 goes out to two undergraduates studying earth science and are residents of Texas.
8. Texas Health Resources Scholarship – This scholarship is exclusively ear-marked for a black undergraduate, residing in Texas.
9. Texas Scholarship – This is a general scholarship program for $1000 granted every year to freshmen undergraduate students studying at a Texas college.
Reviewing the various scholarships provided from the state of Texas, displays the fact that the state is very concerned towards the condition of the mothers and in deed, is working hard for the progress of the mothers. Texas scholarships to mothers is a wake-up call to all the mothers to start looking out for the best opportunities which is available to them and go ahead in the path of education without any financial obstacles.